- Ferrocerium Rod Length:3.14"(8cm), Diameter: 5/16"(8mm)
- We drilled a 4mm Hole in the rod. And the rod comes with a Stainless Steel Wire Keychain. You can use it to keep product secure and together
- START FIRE ANYWHERE: Works in any conditions - rain, snow, high-altitude, ultra-durable. Made of rust-free ultra-strong ferrocerium rod. Provides up to 3000 degrees C spark in any weather, at any altitude
- Striker lights up small piles of dry grass, paper, Hemp, and other flammables. Perfect for Bushcraft, Hiking, Hunting, Fishing, Camping, EDC, Emergency, BBQ, Gas Camp Stoves, etc
- If you don't have good scraper to get enough sparks, we suggest that you use the back of a blade from an box cutter. That's the most efficient scraper that can be found easily
Details: Ferrocerium Rod Length:3.14"(8cm)
Diameter of the hole: 4mm
Come with stainless steel wire keychains
HOW TO USE:
1. Hold the ferro rod close to the tinder at about a 45-degree angle. （Dead grass or weeds, fine, dry wood shavings, twine pulled apart, dryer lint or cotton balls... all make good tinder.）
2. Place the scraper near the top of the rod (so it makes solid contact with the rod).
3. Pull the rod back (away from the tinder) with a slow and steady motion.
Many people will hold the ferro rod next to the tinder and rub the scraper toward the tinder. By pulling the rod back (instead of rubbing the scraper forward) you'll create a spark at the same place. But you'll do it without risking bumping the scraper into your pile of tinder and scattering it all over the place.
Because Ferro rods contain iron, they're often coated to prevent oxidation. You'll need to scrape away the coating to expose shiny metal before first use.
Package Dimensions: 3.5 x 2.5 x 0.9 inches